Yesterday I had my last long run for the preparation for Mumbai Marathon on 21st-Jan-2007. I ran in the Ekamra Kanan(The botanical garden in Bhubaneswar) along with Achillesh, the Hungarian friend. This place is quite scenic with a lake around and if you go wild, you can slip into the jungle and may get a chance to meet wild elephant(In fact I had seen elephant once on my wild run 4 years back and fortunately escaped). This is the place where wild elephants often takes a moon-walk and allows us in the morning. The beauty of running here is you get plenty of grass and this is probably the best place for flat-footers in Bhubaneswar.
The preparation for this marathon is not so good. Got transfered from Chennai to Bhubaneswar and trying to matching-up the expectation of my family, office and to myself along with the bad diet. After the last Hyderabad half-marathon, I had a knee injury which I could able to recover recently with the help of alternate cycling and as such could able to go a reasonable 15K before the Mumbai run.
After reading an article from Chennai runners, I got inspired. I should take control of my body and not the body who will detect me. Though I had a whole night at office on Friday, i decided to go for the run, Reached home at 5.30AM and lessed my shoe for the run at 6.10AM on Satday. and finished at around 7.40AM. I geared up by the article and decided to go for the cricket match within the Satyam group and had a reasonable perfomance in taking 3 wickets and a run out on our easy victory over the opponent. My body was not complaining much. Then again got back to office at 4PM after having lunch at my Sisters house to initiate a job which had to implmeneted in production on Tuesday. I slipped-up to my house for a short nap from 7 -10PM and again rushed back to office. But I dozed off at night and the job failed. So I had to return back to home at 3.30Am on Sunday morning and is running the job at office on Monday morning. probably it will be finished at 5AM today and I plan to go for cycling in Gym before heating the bed.
Forgot to mention that I did Sudarshan kriya (A breathing technique by AOL http://www.artofliving.org/courses/kriya.htm) which soothed me a lot. I usually do it every day and it makes me rejunivated after the long run. Had 2 .30 hours sleep in the afternoon followed by 45 minutes of Yoga,Pranayama and meditation (called Padmasahdana being tought by AOL) and again got back to office at 9PM to kick my ass again.
But I learnt that I can take cortrol of my body and will probably do the Mumbai marathon inspite of having bad food and late night/early morning at office.
Here is the link for the Hyderbad half-marathon and Chennai fun run by Ram http://chennailiving.blogspot.com/search/label/Running
http://chennailiving.blogspot.com/2006_08_01_archive.html
Cheers

No comments:
Post a Comment